3.07.2014

Style Void: Nirvana Black by Elizabeth and James

I'm going to give this fragrance a review as unbiasedly as an Olsen fangirl can. Yes, I did plan on purchasing one of the two Elizabeth and James releases based on the MK&A association alone, but I didn't expect to love it as much as I do. In fact, Nirvana Black has become the only fragrance I've worn in the past couple months.


Previous to Nirvana Black, I was a Tom Ford Black Orchid wearer. Both scents lean towards a slightly masculine feel, but there is something a little less harsh about Nirvana Black. The scent has notes of violet, sandalwood and vanilla and is meant to sit on your skin more like an essential oil would and less like an actual fragrance. I think it does just that, so you may find that the staying power isn't as strong as you're used to with a typical perfume. It also has a subtleness to it that I find totally sexy. It's like you want to be in a dimly lit lounge talking closely with your boo-thang and they might notice this warm and mysterious scent on you.


Overall, the smell is totally comforting (sometimes I even put some on before bed because it's THAT warm & cozy). Makes me feel like I'm in a cabin secluded in the woods at night with a fire going, incense burning and maybe a Stones record playing in the background. Honestly, I could probably wax poetic on this for an hour, so I'll just stop right here and tell ya to check out Nirvana Black if ANY of the above appeals to you.

Get it exclusively at Sephora here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter the Void...